Enzymes MCQs…Here are the MCQs of enzymes from the section biology which will help you to get higher marks in biology also you can prepare for the MDCAT test because here are the topic-wise MCQs. after this article, you will learn what is the general mechanism of an enzymes MCQ. what is the timing of the enzyme etc? “Enzyme” is the most important topic for medical universities entrance tests, if you check the past papers of MDCAT, ETEA, and NUMS then defiantly you know what is the importance of enzymes MCQs At the end of this test, you will get enzymes MCQ answers.
Enzymes MCQs for MDCAT
1. The enzymes amylase, lipase, and protease best describe as:
2. All of the following are the ligase enzymes EXCEPT.
c. RNA polymerase
d. All of these
e. None of these
3. An enzyme that convert Glucose-6-posphate into fructose-6-posphate would be a ……. enzyme.
4. Which part of a ribsome is catalytic in the future?
a. Nucleic acid part
b. Protein in part
c. Lipid part
d. none of these
5. What is correct for substrates for pepsin and trypsin respectively?
a. Lipids, proteins
b. protein, proteins
c. Proteins, carbohydrates
d. lipids, lipids
6. What is correct for the pH environment for pepsin and trypsin respectively?
a. Acid, acid
b. Basic, basic
c. Basic, acidic
d. Acidic, basic
7. Prosthetic group is a part of conjugated enzyme it is:
a. loosely attached inorganic part
b. loosely attached organic part
c. firmly attached proteins part
d. firmly attached non-protein part
8. Which one of the following is the correct statement with reference to enzyme.
a. apoenzyme = holoenzyme + coenzyme
b. holoenzyme = apoenzyme + coenzyme
c. coenzyme =apoenzyme + coenzyme
d. holoenzyme = coenzyme+cofactor
9. Which enzyme in the following shows the greatest substrate specificity?
10. An enzyme act by:
a. reducing the energy of activation
b. increasing the energy of activation
c. Decreasing the pH
d. increasing the pH
11. coEnzyme is:
a. Always a protein
b. often a vitamin
c. often a metal
d. always an inorganic compound
12. Which of the following has the least possibility to have enzyme within it:
13. All of the following are correct for pepsin EXCEPT.
a. found active in the stomach
b. work at about 2pH in an acidic environment
c. convert the long chain of proteins into the short chain of proteins
d. It’s a member of hydrolytic enzymes.
e. All are correct statements for the pepsin enzyme.
14. Find the incorrect statements for enzymes.
a. shows maximum work at optimum temperature and pH
b. Freeze at very low-temperature
c. Denatured at very high temperatures.
d. Freeze at a very low pH.
e. All statements are correct regarding enzymes.
15. Enzymes functional inside the cell are termed as:
16. Hydrolysis of starch occurs with the help of:
17. In the cell, the digestive enzyme mostly occur in:
18. A conjugated enzyme minus its coenzyme is known as:
d. All of these
19. Which of the following is not an attribute of enzymes:
a. specific in nature
b. protein in chemistry
c. consumed in reaction
d. increase rate of reaction
20. Fat is hydrolyzed by the enzyme known as:
d. Amy lase
21. Activators are:
a. prosthetic group
b. organic co-factors
c. inorganic co-factors
d. All a, b and c
22. Active site of an enzyme may contain.
a. 2-3 amino acids
b. 3-12 amino acids
c. 70-90 amino acids
d. 100s to 1000s amino acids
ANSWER KEY: Enzyme MCQs
|1 c. Hydrolysase||2 e. None of these||3 d. isomerase||4 a. Nucleic acid part||5 b. protein, proteins|
|6 d. Acidic, basic||7 d. firmly attached non-protein part||8 b. holoenzyme = apoenzyme + coenzyme||9 d. sucrase||10 a. reducing the energy of activation|
|11 b. often a vitamin||12 d. Viruses||13 e. All are correct statements for the pepsin enzyme.||14 d. Freeze at a very low pH.||15 a. Endoenzymes|
|16 b. Amylase||17 b.lysosemes||18 a. Apoenzyme||19 c. consumed in reaction||20 b. lipase|
|21 c. inorganic co-factors||22 b. 3-12 amino acids||23||24||25|